Friday, August 05, 2011

July 2011 garden news


Dry, dry and still dry back to the usual drought conditions again. No rain for the last two months and the garden is showing it. I am spending too many hours with a hose in my hand watering when I have so much else to do.


I have decided to start renovating our house and so far one en-suite done, two bedrooms, laundry and toilet painted and lot’s more to do.
We went to the Nambour Garden Show and spent three days staying at Mooloolaba, it was a nice break away and of course we came home with a car full of plants.
We had a full bus load of visitors from ‘The Gap Garden Club’ and’ Mount Gravatt Garden Club’, we also travelled to the ‘Donnybrook Garden Club’ where I gave a presentation. I tell them ours is a summer garden and a lot of plants are dormant at the moment, that does not seem to deter them and they still enjoy it.
With all the visitors we have now taken out a public liability insurance ‘just in case’.

The gum trees are flowering at the moment and I have never seen so many seeds and white flowers in my life, everything is covered with this fine white flower.
I am still doing a little bit in the garden but want to take the opportunity to do up the house before we start getting ready for this year’s ‘Open Garden’.
Speaking of ‘Open Garden’ I have had a four page article published in the ‘Open Garden’ guide for this coming season, I must admit I am quite chuffed being published.





No comments: